We believe Everspruce is the best home inventory app for iPhone and iPad and in this blog post, we’ll continue your home inventory journey by showing you how to add your first box in the app. So without further adieu, let’s get started!
Important things to note before we get started
Here are a few important things to note before we get started:
- Everspruce uses a nested doll structure for its home inventory entries. That means entries are parents to other children entries. In other words, entries contain other entries. This is a simple concept but it can yield powerful results once you get the hang of it:
- Areas can contain other areas, boxes, or items.
- Boxes can contain other boxes or items.
- Items need a parent entry that is either an area or box.
- Items cannot contain other entries.
- Each box name must be unique within your set of entries. This ensures that you will always be able to find your box! Most users use box names like “Box 1”, “Box A”, “Shelf in Living Room Closet”, or “Cabinet in Living Room”.
- Everspruce allows you to easily move entries to different parents so don’t worry if you aren’t exactly sure how you want to organize your home inventory just yet. Just get started and you can adjust your structure as you go or at a later time.
Adding a Box in the Everspruce Home Inventory App
Creating a new box in the Everspruce Home Inventory App is a super simple process:
- If you haven’t already done so, add your first home inventory entry in Everspruce.
- Figure out what box you want to add and then head to that location.
- Open the app.
- Tap on the + button in the bottom center of the app.
- Tap on “Add new Box”.
- Now you need to select the parent entry you want this box entry to be under. Boxes can be nested under another Area or Box. For example, if the box you want to add is located in the garage, then select the “Garage” area as the parent entry.
- Now you are taken to the camera scene where you add a photo of the box. You can add photos two ways: with the camera OR with the photo library:
- To take photos with the camera, simply take a picture of your box by tapping on the purple circle.
- To add photos via the photo library, simply tap on the picture button in the upper right corner. From there you can select a photo and then tap “Done”.
- Note that you can go into Settings and adjust the default number of photos you want to take with each entry and you can also add additional photos later on by going to entry detail page and tapping on “Options”.
- Next, add a name for your box (make sure it is a unique name!) and an optional description if you want.
- Tap on Save to create the entry.
- That’s it – you’ve just created a Box entry!
With your new box added, you’ve taken another step to organizing your home like a pro. Continue adding more areas, boxes, and items, and reference this website or our social media channels for more tips and tricks for your home inventory journey. Happy organizing!
To continue learning more about the Everspruce Home Inventory App, read how to add home inventory items to Everspruce.