We believe Everspruce is the best home inventory app for iPad and iPhone, and in this blog post, we’ll continue your home inventory journey by showing you how to add your first item in the app. So without further adieu, let’s get started!
Important things to note before we get started
Here are a few important things to note before we get started:
- Everspruce uses a nested doll structure for its home inventory entries. That means entries are parents to other children entries. In other words, entries contain other entries. This is a simple concept but it can yield powerful results once you get the hang of it:
- Areas can contain other areas, boxes, or items.
- Boxes can contain other boxes or items.
- Items need a parent entry that is either an area or box.
- Items cannot contain other entries.
- Everspruce allows you to easily move entries to different parents so don’t worry if you aren’t exactly sure how you want to organize your home inventory just yet. Just get started and you can adjust your structure as you go or at a later time.
Adding an Item in the Everspruce Home Inventory App
Creating a new item in the Everspruce Home Inventory App is a super simple process:
- If you haven’t already done so, add your first area in Everspruce.
- Figure out what item you want to add and have it in front of you.
- Open the app.
- Tap on the + button in the bottom center of the app.
- Tap on “Add new Item”.
- Now you need to select the parent entry you want this item entry to be under. Items can be nested under an Area or Box. For example, if the item you want to add is located in the kitchen, then select the “Kitchen” area as the parent entry.
- Now you are taken to the camera scene where you add a photo of the item. You can add photos two ways: with the camera OR with the photo library:
- To take photos with the camera, simply take a picture of your box by tapping on the purple circle.
- To add photos via the photo library, simply tap on the picture button in the upper right corner. From there you can select a photo and then tap “Done”.
- Note that you can go into Settings and adjust the default number of photos you want to take with each entry and you can also add additional photos later on by going to entry detail page and tapping on “Options”.
- Next, add a name for your item and an optional description if you want.
- You can also go into Settings and add a number of additional fields – including Serial Number, Manufacturer, Model, and more.
- Tap on Save to create the entry.
- That’s it – you’ve just created an Item entry!
With your new item added, you’ve taken another step to organizing your home like a pro. Continue adding more areas, boxes, and items, and reference this website or our social media channels for more tips and tricks for your home inventory journey. Happy organizing!
To continue learning more about the Everspruce Home Inventory App, read how to import home inventory entries.