In this blog post, we’re going to first explain why you should create a home inventory and then why you should use a home inventory app to create your home inventory. We’ll also take a closer look at why we think Everspruce is the best home inventory app for iPhone and iPad, show you its key features, walk through some real user reviews, see how users are using the app in real life, and show you how to get started using Everspruce.
Why create a home inventory?
It can be absolutely overwhelming keeping track of all the stuff we have in our houses. But wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly where something is when you really need it? And having a comprehensive home inventory isn’t just helpful for organization’s sake, it can come in handy in a variety of situations, including managing your collections, insurance claims, decluttering, or even moving to a new place.
Home inventory apps – a better way to keep track of your stuff
Relying on your memory, sticky notes, a notepad, a list, or spreadsheets to for your home inventory can only get you so far. Each of those methods could work – but using those methods is likely to make your home inventory inaccurate, incomplete, and will also require a large time commitment. You should really try to keep your solution for inventory simple. That’s where home inventory apps comes in – the combination of hardware and software enable you to ditch the lists and quickly and easily catalog all your belongings – from furniture to electronics to tools to jewelry to your collections, and more – in a simple but powerful way.
But which home inventory app should I choose for my home?
With so many home inventory apps to choose from, finding the best can be a daunting task. But let’s make your search a little easier. With all the essential features you need, a user-friendly interface, and rock-solid reliability, the Everspruce app is the inventory app solution you’ve been searching for.
What are the key features of the Everspruce app?
So what sets Everspruce apart? Well, there are a number of key features that make it stand out from the rest of the apps:
Completely free to try and risk free
Right up front, it is important to note that Everspruce is completely free to try. Add up to 50 home inventory entries for free forever. If Everspruce isn’t everything you hoped for – no worries and no money out of your pocket.
Simple and intuitive to use
It is so simple to get started. Just take a picture of your entry, fill out the name and any additional details and tap Save. You just created your first inventory entry! The Everspruce app has a nested doll structure which enables you to create an item and put it in a box or an area – so it is powerful, yet intuitive.
Import Entries by Spreadsheet
Everspruce allows you to kick start your home inventory by importing a list of entries via spreadsheet. Read how to import home inventory items for more information.
Everspruce allows you to customize the default number of photos you take and allows you to take additional photos as needed. Read home inventory with photos to learn more.
Fast Home Inventory Item Entry
Batch mode is the fastest way to add entries. You simply take a bunch of pictures of your entries in a row and then Everspruce allows you to add other details later at your convenience. It is the best way to add home inventory quickly.
Customizable Fields for Insurance and more
Lots of our users like to keep things simple, and so the fields that Everspruce enables out of the box are exactly what they need to capture the information for their home inventory. But for other users, including those that want to use the best home inventory app for insurance, need more fields to adequately capture the details of each entry. For more information on this feature, you can read how to customize home inventory fields.
Everspruce entries are automatically backed up to our secure cloud so you don’t have to worry that your home inventory is lost if you lose your iPhone or iPad. Everspruce subscribers also get access to a security pin and iOS Face ID, ensuring your entries stay away from prying eyes.
Everspruce subscribers can use unlimited devices to access the Everspruce app.
When you collaborate with your family to create and maintain your home inventory, the process becomes far more efficient, ensuring your inventory remains current and comprehensive. Everspruce allows you to add up to 3 additional users to your home inventory completely free forever. And extra users will be available for a nominal subscription charge.
QR Code Labels
Everspruce allows you to print out QR code labels for your boxes. This enables you to use your camera to scan the QR code and instantly go to that specific inventory entry in Everspruce. So convenient and easy! For a detailed walkthrough of this feature, please read this blog post on QR Code Home Inventory.
PDF and CSV Export
Everspruce allows you to export your home inventory to PDF and CSV files to ensure your entries are backed up manually and to enable you to share your inventory with others. Everspruce automatically saves your entries to our secure cloud backup but we encourage to regularly print out PDFs and CSVs to ensure your entries are always available. For a detailed walkthrough of this feature, please read how to export to a home inventory PDF file.
Everspruce allows you to group similar inventory items together with tags – even though those items may be in different locations. So for example, you could tag all your camping items with the tag “camping” and then search for the camping tag in the Everspruce app and instantly see all your camping items regardless of location. For a detailed look at this feature, please read how to organize collections with Everspruce tags.
Multi-Entry Move and Delete
Moving or deleting inventory entries one at a time can be incredibly frustrating. With Everspruce, it is incredibly easy to move or delete multiple entries at the same time. This ensures your inventory items are always in the right location and always up to date.
Everspruce has instant search to ensure you find household items instantly and allows you to search all fields and tags to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Image and Text Import
Everspruce allows you to import a photo from your photo library for an inventory entry.
Everspruce allows you to tailor the app to fit your unique needs. With customizable fields, you can ensure that every detail of your possessions are captured and easily accessible. And whether you prefer to add items one at a time or utilize our time-saving batch mode, Everspruce has you covered. In addition, QR codes and tags make finding and organizing your items your way incredibly easy.
Make sure you always have the latest version installed as we are constantly updating the app with features requested from users like you.
Everspruce Home Inventory App Reviews
The best inventory app has to have great ratings and reviews. And Everspruce does not disappoint in this department. Everspruce has a 4.7 average star app rating and wonderful reviews from users. Here are just a few of the 5 star reviews Everspruce has received from actual users over the years. If you’d like to see more reviews, please enjoy these home inventory app reviews:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This One Works Well!-BitMangler
I’ve tried some other “personal stuff” organizers… And the store is full of apps that are a waste of time. This one not only works well, but is pleasing to the eyes, and easy to use. Sure, to do any serious organization of the “stuff” accumulated in your life, you need to pay this developer. But in my case, to become “organized” with ability to “quickly” retrieve most everything I own was very empowering. Additionally, this will stop my wasteful spending on the repurchase of things that I already own, but cannot easily find. (I asked the App’s developer to add ability to print multiple “duplicate” labels (vs only 1), so I can label 3 sides of a box…the developer said “No problem. that feature will be next in line after the feature currently being worked”).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely helpful organization app-Optimist1975
This app has helped me keep my sanity in check. With kids, hobbies, and lots of seasonal things… this app has helped me keep track of everything all with the ease of photos! No need to enter every single detail of the items that I’m trying to organize. Instead, I group them, take photos of them, then take photos of the box/ room they are stored in!!!! Omg why did it take so long for something like this to come along. Now, when I need to find those random things, I can pull up the photos and know exactly what room, which box!!!! This is a serious organization tool. I’m now starting to use for other things like kitchen items and will also try office materials! Can’t believe I’m actually excited about organization.🙂
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ EXACTLY what this guy needed!!!-Chris101214
I’m married, in my 50s and live in a 1900 farm house for the last 25 years with a barn, storage shed, basement and attic. I have a vast collection of tools, equipment and assorted “guy stuff” all over the place. It’s HUGELY frustrating not to be able to put my hands on what I’m looking for quickly. There are times where I’ve bought a tool that I know I already have because I couldn’t find it. Your app will solve this for me! It also allows me to consolidate those less frequently used items into larger collections to save space and still be able to put my hands on them quickly!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Game changer!-GAfadMom
This has changed my families life so much, no joke. I wish I could have found this app earlier. It has saved so much time, money and frustration. It’s so easy to find stuff and keep everything organized. Example: my family has 23 iPhone cords…. why? Because we can’t ever find anything and we re-buy! I have touched almost every inch of my house (under sinks, closets, sheds, curio cabinets, ect.) and I feel so organized and in control of my household. Thank you for this app!! Get this app now if you haven’t already!!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ love this app!!!!-1peacefulmind
I’m so thankful for this app! I’ve never felt more organized. I know exactly where everything is, from the jewelry in various jewelry boxes, to art and craft supplies, and now I’m inventorying my holiday bins so I don’t have to open every lid to find what I’m looking for. Such a great way to organize a household!!
There’s many more where these came from – check out our Reviews page for a lot more examples.
Real-Life Examples of How Users Use Everspruce to Manage and Protect Their Belongings
So, we’ve talked about all the amazing features that the Everspruce app has to offer, but what does it actually look like in action? How are people putting their home inventory to use in their everyday lives? Well, let’s look at a few examples from real Everspruce users:
- Collectibles: Are you a collector? Whether it’s cards, dolls, stamps, action figures, or vintage wine, keeping an eye on all of your prized possessions can be a daunting task. With customizable fields, tags, instant search, and the ability to capture items quickly with batch mode, Everspruce is perfect for all those collectors out there. Collectors have told us that having everything in one place and easily accessible has added some much needed serenity to managing their collections.
- Crafts: For artists and crafters, inventory management can be a constant battle, especially when you’re in the midst of creating something amazing and you can’t seem to remember where you placed that one special brush, skein of yarn, or tool. With Everspruce, you no longer have to let those struggles consume you. Everspruce offers a comprehensive and customizable solution that allows you to easily input and organize all of your art and craft supplies in one convenient and comprehensive home inventory.
- For Home Insurance Purposes: One of the benefits of using a home inventory app for insurance is knowing you have proof that your belongings are yours – especially when a disaster or burglary strikes. Everspruce provides an inventory system all your items and give you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered in case of loss or damage. Whether you own your home or have renters insurance, our PDF and CSV exports ensure your insurance company has what they need to give you a quick reimbursement.
- Facilitating Moving and Relocation: Are you in the process of moving to a new home? We understand how overwhelming and stressful it can be to manage all the items you need to pack, transport, and unpack in your new home. But with Everspruce, you can simplify the inventory process and make your transition a little bit easier. Our users have found Everspruce to be a true lifesaver when it comes to organizing and tracking their belongings during a move. With customizable fields and our batch mode option, you can easily input and categorize your items by area, ensuring that nothing gets left behind. Once you’ve reached your new home, the optional QR code labels feature allows you to quickly locate your items, making the unpacking process a breeze. And for those items that you may not need in your new home, Everspruce easily allows you to identify what you’re giving away, selling or storing. Everspruce has made moving for many of our users an organized and less stressful experience.
- Storage Unit and Garage Owners: Do you struggle with keeping a list of all the items stored in your garage or storage unit? It’s easy for things to get lost or forgotten, especially when you’re dealing with a large amount of items in a confined space. But with Everspruce, you can easily track everything in your garage or storage unit. Everspruce also easily allows you to manage items that are being stored in multiple locations, ensuring you always know where everything is.
- Streamlining Decluttering Projects: A well-maintained home inventory provides an overview of your possessions, making it easier to identify items you no longer need or use. By regularly reviewing your inventory, you can plan targeted decluttering projects and make informed decisions about what to keep, donate, or discard.
- Assisting in Estate Planning: Your home inventory can be a useful tool in the estate planning process. It provides a detailed record of your assets, which can help inform decisions about the distribution of your belongings and reduce potential disputes among beneficiaries.
- Aiding in Tax Deductions: If you donate items to charity, your home inventory can help you accurately track and value these donations for tax deduction purposes. By maintaining a record of donated items, you’ll be well-prepared when it’s time to file your taxes.
- Home Maintenance and Improvements: Your inventory can serve as a reference for planning home maintenance tasks or improvement projects. For example, tracking the age and condition of appliances, furniture, and other household items can help you prioritize replacements or identify opportunities for updates and enhancements.
- Staging Companies: For house staging companies, organization can be a real struggle, especially when you’re juggling multiple projects at once and trying to keep a list of which furniture and decor is where. But with an inventory app, you can kiss those struggles goodbye! Our users who run house staging companies have found Everspruce to be an invaluable tool for managing their staging inventory.
- Flea Market Businesses: Managing inventory for a flea market business can be tough, especially when you don’t have a inventory manager to keep everything organized. Our flea market business users have found Everspruce to be an invaluable inventory app that helps bring zen to the chaos.
- Professional Home Organizers: Professional home organizers face unique challenges as they strive to bring order and tranquility to their clients’ living spaces. To overcome these obstacles, a professional home organizer has a powerful tool available: a home inventory app. Everspruce can revolutionize the organizing process for home organizers, from facilitating client collaboration, to optimizing and decluttering spaces, to providing more value to your clients and more.
How to get started
First things first, you’ll need to download Everspruce from the App Store for free. Once you’ve done that, open Everspruce and you’ll be taken to the home screen where you can access all of the app’s features.
Everspruce organizes entries in a nested-doll structure format. So for example, your Garage could be an Area and a box in that Garage could be Box 1 and an item named “Hammer” would be located in that box. It’s actually quite intuitive and makes it easy to not only capture your inventory quickly and easily, but also find your entries fast too.
To add an entry to your inventory, you just tap on the big + button at the bottom of the screen, take a photo of the item, add an optional description and tap Save. You can also add tags, and optional fields as well.
To take you further on your home organization journey, we have lots of resources on this website, videos on YouTube, and lots of content on social media channels as well.
In conclusion, Everspruce is the best solution for keeping track of all the belongings in your home. With its smart inventory features, user-friendly interface, and rock-solid reliability, Everspruce is clearly one of the best home inventory apps for iPhone and iPad. From its security features to its customizable fields, this app has everything you need to organize and keep track of your stuff. Furthermore, with its 4.7 average star rating and excellent reviews from users, you can trust Everspruce to deliver a superior experience. If you’re looking for the best home inventory app for either iPhone or iPad, look no further than Everspruce.